Impounded Car Insurance
Has your car been impounded? You’ll need to prove you have car insurance to get it back on the road with the minimum of delay.
Insure Your Motor can help with insurance for impounded vehicles. With many years’ experience of the non-standard insurance market, we can arrange cover for your vehicle quickly.
What you get:
- Competitive quotes
- Short term or annual insurance policies
- UK Call Centre, open 7 days a week
- Cover arranged quickly
- Monthly payment options
- Legal cover included with every policy
Insurance for drivers with IN10 convictions
We can also supply quotes for drivers with unspent or pending IN10 convictions (driving without insurance).
Click for an online quote or speak to our expert team on 0344 557 1329.
How to check your car is insured
Getting an impounded car released is a headache you can do without. If you’re unsure whether your car is insured, there’s a very simple way to check.
Go to the Motor Insurance Database, enter your vehicle’s registration number and the MID will tell you instantly if it’s insured or not. This is a free service and well worth taking a minute of your time to avoid your car being seized.
When can a car be seized?
The police have the power to seize a vehicle if it’s:
- Driven by someone who doesn’t have a proper driving licence or suitable insurance.
- Illegally or dangerously parked
- Broken-down or abandoned
- Carelessly or inconsiderately driven
What do you need to release a seized car?
If your vehicle has been seized without valid insurance you may need to provide the following to get your vehicle released:
- Proof of identity such as a photo ID
- A valid driving licence
- A valid certificate of insurance (if you don’t have any we can give you an online quote).
- Proof that you are the registered owner of the vehicle. This can be the full vehicle log book (V5C) alongside proof of address.
- A valid MOT (unless the vehicle is being taken away by a recovery truck or to a pre-booked MOT test).